See the Employer Toolkit for ideas on how to incorporate these winter driving resources into your road safety program.
Capsule tips (DOC 212 KB)– 11 quick tips you can share in emails, newsletters or memos.
- Think you know all about winter? (DOC 103 KB)
- Preparing your vehicle for winter (DOC 137 KB)
- Winter tire specs (DOC 136 KB)
- Survival/emergency checklist (DOC 103 KB)
- Preparing to drive (DOC 104 KB)
- Driving in winter (DOC 104 KB)
- Driving in rainy weather (DOC 104 KB)
- Driving in foggy weather (DOC 102 KB)
- Driving in snow (DOC 103 KB)
- Driving on icy roads (DOC 103 KB)
- For Supervisors – winter dangers (DOC 103 KB)
Tailgate Meeting Guides (PDF 1 MB)– Eight quick reminders that you can share before shifts or in meetings. You can also print and post. Use the tailgate meeting checklist to get started.
- Tailgate meeting checklist (PDF 181 KB)
- Prepare your vehicle for winter (PDF 193 KB)
- Winter tire specs (PDF 236 KB)
- Preparing to drive (PDF 196 KB)
- Driving in winter (PDF 202 KB)
- Driving in rainy weather (PDF 196 KB)
- Driving in foggy weather (PDF 161 KB)
- Driving in snow (PDF 194 KB)
- Driving on icy roads (PDF 445 KB)
For your workplace
General Public – Snow
(PDF 438 KB) General Public – Rain
(PDF 507 KB) General Public – Fog
(PDF 477 KB)
Employer and Supervisor:
For employers, supervisors, and OHS professionals
- Winterizing your Safety Plan: Information for Commercial Carriers
- Winter Driving Safety for Community and Home Care Workers
- What Employers Need to Know (PDF 179 KB) – 3-page tip sheet.
- What Supervisors Need to Know (PDF 178 KB) – 3-page tip sheet.
- Winter driving hazards (PDF 572 KB) – Identify winter driving hazards and risks specific to your workplace. See possible control measures.
- Sample safe work procedure (PDF 165KB) – use as-is or modify as required.
- Sample winter safe driving policy (DOC 146 KB) – Customize as required to suit your workplace needs.
- Annual Planning Calendar (PDF 538 KB) – Don’t let winter surprise you. Be prepared.