See the Employer Toolkit for ideas on how to incorporate these winter driving resources into your road safety program.
Capsule tips (DOC 212 KB)– 11 quick tips you can share in emails, newsletters or memos.
- Think you know all about winter? (DOC 103 KB)
- Preparing your vehicle for winter (DOC 137 KB)
- Winter tire specs (DOC 137 KB)
- Survival/emergency checklist (DOC 103 KB)
- Preparing to drive (DOC 104 KB)
- Driving in winter (DOC 104 KB)
- Driving in rainy weather (DOC 104 KB)
- Driving in foggy weather (DOC 102 KB)
- Driving in snow (DOC 103 KB)
- Driving on icy roads (DOC 103 KB)
- For Supervisors – winter dangers (DOC 103 KB)
For your workplace
Employer and Supervisor:
For employers, supervisors, and OHS professionals
- What Supervisors Need to Know (PDF 178 KB) – 3-page tip sheet.
- Winter driving hazards (PDF 572 KB) – Identify winter driving hazards and risks specific to your workplace. See possible control measures.
- Sample safe work procedure (PDF 165KB) – use as-is or modify as required.
- Sample winter safe driving policy (DOC 146 KB) – Customize as required to suit your workplace needs.
- Annual Planning Calendar (PDF 538 KB) – Don’t let winter surprise you. Be prepared.