Free Workplace Safety Resources
See the Employer Toolkit for ideas on how to incorporate these winter driving resources into your road safety program.
Capsule tips (DOC 200KB)– 11 quick tips you can share in emails, newsletters or memos.
- Think you know all about winter? (DOC 101 KB)
- Preparing your vehicle for winter (DOC 102 KB)
- Winter tire specs (DOC 128 KB)
- Survival/emergency checklist (DOC 102 KB)
- Preparing to drive (DOC 102 KB)
- Driving in winter (DOC 102 KB)
- Driving in rainy weather (DOC 102 KB)
- Driving in foggy weather (DOC 101 KB)
- Driving in snow (DOC 102 KB)
- Driving on icy roads (DOC 101 KB)
- For Supervisors – winter dangers (DOC 102 KB)
Tailgate Meeting Guides (PDF 1.35 MB)– Eight quick reminders that you can share before shifts or in meetings. You can also print and post. Use the tailgate meeting checklist to get started.
- Tailgate meeting checklist (PDF 182 KB)
- Prepare your vehicle for winter (PDF 172 KB)
- Winter tire specs (PDF 194 KB)
- Preparing to drive (PDF 179 KB)
- Driving in winter (PDF 185 KB)
- Driving in rainy weather [PDF 179 KB]
- Driving in foggy weather [PDF 145 KB]
- Driving in snow (PDF 178 KB)
- Driving on icy roads (PDF 428 KB)
Winter Driving Safety Presentation (PPTX 4MB) – An easy-to-use slide show with presenter notes, to keep safety top of mind.
For your workplace
General Public – Snow
(PDF 438 KB) General Public – Rain
(PDF 507 KB) General Public – Fog
(PDF 477 KB)
Employer and Supervisor:
For employers, supervisors, and OHS professionals
- What Employers Need to Know (PDF 179 KB) – 3-page tip sheet.
- What Supervisors Need to Know (PDF 178 KB) – 3-page tip sheet.
- Winter driving hazards (PDF 572 KB) – Identify winter driving hazards and risks specific to your workplace. See possible control measures.
- Sample safe work procedure (PDF 165KB) – use as-is or modify as required.
- Sample winter safe driving policy (DOC 146 KB) – Customize as required to suit your workplace needs.
- Annual Planning Calendar (PDF 538 KB) – Don’t let winter surprise you. Be prepared.