Be part of the Shift into Winter Campaign October 1 – December 31 2019
Be part of the 2019 Shift into Winter campaign by engaging your organization, stakeholders and community. The purpose of this resource kit is to give you some ideas and simple, actionable steps that you can use throughout the campaign. We appreciate your partnership to help make a difference in winter driving safety across the province.
Campaign Launch Message
We’ve provided a campaign launch template that you can use or customize to send out to stakeholders. Consider distributing the message the week before the Shift into Winter campaign launch date on October 1.View and download
We’ve provided a campaign launch message template that you can use, or customize to send out to stakeholders and employees. You may wish to consider distributing the message the week before the Shift into Winter campaign launch date on October 1.
Social Media Images and Messages
Distribute Shift into Winter messages and images via your social media channels. Consider sending one of the messages out on campaign launch day and follow with a weekly message throughout the duration of the campaign. Here are a few examples to get you started.View and download
Distribute the Shift into Winter social media messages via your Twitter and Facebook channels. Consider sending one of the Twitter messages out on campaign launch day, and follow with a weekly message throughout the duration of the campaign.
Images to use on your social media channels can be found below.
Download all Twitter images (ZIP, 15 MB) or download individually below:
Employer, Supervisor and Worker:
For All Drivers:
Download all Instagram images (ZIP, 12 MB) or download individually below:
Employer, Supervisor and Worker:
For All Drivers:
Download all Facebook images (ZIP, 1 MB) or download individually below:
Messages, Posters and Ad Banners for Websites and Newsletters
Include Shift into Winter Campaign messages on web pages and newsletters. Place an article about the Shift into Winter Campaign on your website or in your organization’s internal and external communication channels such as an intranet or company newsletter.View and download
Include Shift into Winter Campaign messages on web pages and newsletters
Place an article about the Shift into Winter Campaign on your website or in your organization’s internal and external communication channels such as an intranet or company newsletter. Use one of the winter driving safety weekly messages.
Distribute or display the Shift into Winter poster(s)
- Print out a copy of the Shift Into Winter poster(s). Place it in your lobby, lunchroom or other high-traffic area before the campaign launch date to help create awareness.
- Email a copy of the poster(s) to your employees and external stakeholders.
Employer and Supervisor:
Post a Shift Into Winter banner
Post one of the Shift into Winter Campaign banners on the front page of your website or newsletter. On your website, hyperlink the graphic to ShiftIntoWinter.ca.
Leaderboard ad 728px x 90 px
|Big Box ad 300px x 250px
||Large square ad 250px x 250px||Small square ad 150px x 150px|
Tools and Resources
Encourage your staff, stakeholders and communities to use the tools and resources on the Shift into Winter website.
Here are some other things that you can do!View and download
Download the Shift into Winter logo
Community PowerPointUse the Community PowerPoint presentation when making presentations to community groups and other stakeholders.
Email SignatureInclude a Shift into Winter message in your email signature and encourage your employees to do so as well. Here are some examples:
- Winter road conditions can change quickly. So should your speed. Slow down. More info at ShiftintoWinter.ca.
- Shift into Winter — plan ahead and drive safely in winter conditions. Learn more at ShiftintoWinter.ca.
- Winter driving can double your risk of being in a crash. Slow down and increase your following distance. Learn more at ShiftintoWinter.ca.
- Don’t know? Don’t go. Driving in winter conditions can put you at significant risk, so avoid driving when road and weather conditions are bad. More at ShiftintoWinter.ca.
- Help reduce the risks your workers face when road and weather conditions are hazardous. Use the free employer tool kit and online course on ShiftintoWinter.ca.
Insert this image below your email signature:
Customized Print and Digital Ads
Place Shift into Winter ads, customized with your corporate logo in local community newspapers, online media etc. If you would like us to create a customized ad for you (free of charge), please email a high-resolution eps, ai (prefered), tiff or jpeg file of your logo to Anita Deiter at firstname.lastname@example.org
Consider Purchasing a Radio Sponsorship
Purchase advertising on a local radio station in your community. For example, one option would be to sponsor the weather or traffic segment, using one of the sponsorship tags.
Share the Shift into Winter Radio Spots
Share one of the following three radio spots on your website or with your stakeholders.
Shift into Winter Community Promotions
Consider creating your own Shift into Winter themed event or community promotion. This could range from something very simple to more complex ideas such as:
- Set up a booth and distribute information re: winter driving safety at a public event in your community.
- Sponsor a local hockey team. Distribute winter driving safety information at the event, and/or purchase advertising in key places such as the score clock, rink boards, lobby/entrance.
- Make a winter driving safety presentation to your local business or community group (e.g. Chamber of Commerce)
- Distribute Shift into Winter information to your local schools, health units, police, businesses, municipality.
Share Your Success With Others
We can all learn from each other’s successes. Please share how your organization has promoted the Shift into Winter campaign or if you have feedback on how your efforts were received by employees.
We hope you’ll find these ideas useful within your organization and also encourage you to take advantage of the many opportunities to share them with your stakeholders and communities.
Questions? Please contact:
Anita DeiterStrategy Manager, Winter Driving Safety